LifeMatters Clinic Suffolk
At LifeMatters clinic in Redgrave Suffolk I offer the benefits of natural healing with Far Infrared Sauna therapy.
Even with today’s more active lifestyles, many people don’t sweat on a regular basis, but research shows how deep-sweating can provide a multitude of vitality benefits.Regular sessions in a sauna can help you benefit from a deep sweat because in the heat of a sauna…
- Your core body temperature begins to rise
- Your sweat glands are stimulated to produce sweat, beginning the process of cleansing your skin.
However this doesn’t explain fully the potential benefits from sweating in a sauna only what happens to your body while you’re in there.
The benefits of Far infrared sauna therapy
- Using a far infrared sauna can help strengthen the body’s immune system by stimulating increased production of white blood cells by the bone marrow and killer T-cells by the thymus.
- Far infrared rays can help improve blood circulation, stimulate endorphins, lower lactic acid, kill certain bacteria and parasites, and burn calories. Proponents of hyperthermia, also known as fever therapy, maintain that using far infrared energy to therapeutically induce higher body temperatures helps fight infections and even cancer. Their argument is supported by the human body itself, which radiates infrared energy for the benefits of warmth and tissue repair.
- A good example of far infrared heat is the light produced by the sun. This is the heat you feel penetrate your skin when you stand in the sun (and miss when you’re in the shade). It has nothing to do with ultraviolet light, which can damage your skin. When people do not receive adequate amounts of far infrared heat, they can often become ill or depressed.
- Studies indicate that benefits of far infrared sauna use include: muscle relaxation; stress, tension and headache relief; reduction and removal of body toxins; increased cardiovascular strength; increased blood circulation; strengthened immune system; improved lung function, and refreshed, moisturised skin.
- Far infrared saunas are thought to be 7 times more effective at detoxifying heavy metals such as mercury, aluminium, and other environmental toxins than conventional heat or steam saunas. For many chronically ill patients (as well as people who are well and wish to stay that way by reducing their toxic burden) the far infrared sauna is the detox method of choice.
- Sessions in a far infrared sauna in the early stages of a cold or flu has been known to stop the disease before symptoms occur.
- Far infrared heat can penetrate into the skin about an inch and a half to two inches deep and can have therapeutic benefits, such as helping to dissolve fat deposits under the skin. Since toxins may be stored in the fat, the deep penetrating heat of a far infrared sauna can help eliminate them, especially toxins such as heavy metals and acidic compounds.
- The radiant heat of a far infrared sauna is efficient because it warms the sauna user directly. The body absorbs as much as 93 percent of the heat, causing perspiration and producing a vast array of health benefits.
- Far infrared saunas can help clear cellulite, the gel-like lumps of fat, water and debris trapped in pockets beneath the skin.
- Far infrared radiant heat provides all the healthy benefits of natural sunlight without any of the dangerous effects of solar radiation.
- Far infrared saunas are more cleansing than conventional saunas because they are designed to generate more than two to three times the amount of perspiration. A higher volume of sweat means a more thorough flushing of toxins from the body.
- Unlike in traditional saunas where temperatures range from 140 to 220 degrees Fahrenheit (60 to 105 degrees Celsius), the temperatures of far infrared saunas typically range from 100 to 140 degrees Fahrenheit (38 to 60 degrees Celsius).
- The temperature inside a far infrared sauna is adjustable and comfortable. This allows a person to perspire faster and to tolerate a longer period of time inside the sauna. Typical sessions in a far infrared sauna last 30 to 60 minutes and can be repeated to maximise the benefits.
- The lower heat range of far infrared saunas is safer for people with cardiovascular risk factors or fragile health – because lower temperatures don’t dramatically elevate heart rate and blood pressure.
- Far infrared saunas have been used to treat sprains, bursitis, rheumatism, muscle spasms, neuralgia and haemorrhoids. They have also been shown to relieve acne, eczema, psoriasis and burns.
- Far infrared radiant heat is a form of naturally occurring energy that heats objects by direct light conversion. Direct light conversion warms only the object and does not raise the temperature of the surrounding free air.
- A far infrared sauna will deliver hyperthermic benefits in a much shorter time period (i.e. 10 to 15 minutes) than a conventional sauna (30 to 45 minutes).
- Far infrared sauna use can help promote rebuilding of injured tissue by having a positive effect on the fibroblasts, the connective tissue cells necessary for the repair of injury.
- Far infrared sauna therapy has helped people with cardiovascular conditions such as congestive heart failure and angina. It enhances endothelial nitric oxide, lowering blood pressure and improving cardiovascular function.
- The radiant heat of far infrared saunas has been shown to be especially beneficial to people with sports injuries, fibromyalgia, arthritis, and other chronic pain conditions.
- In a study performed by U.S. researchers, the sweat of people using a conventional sauna was found to be 95 to 97 percent water, while the sweat of those using a far infrared sauna was 80 to 85 percent water with the non-water portion principally cholesterol, fat-soluble toxins, toxic heavy metals, sulphuric acid, sodium, ammonia, and uric acid.
- A far infrared sauna use can be of significant benefit to people trying to lose weight. A 30-minute session in a far infrared sauna has been touted to burn as many calories as a six-mile run.
- Far infrared saunas benefit all your organs of elimination, from your lungs to your liver to your kidneys to your skin.
- When far infrared heat penetrates a user’s body, he or she can experience a refreshed mind, relaxed mood, reduction of aches and pains, improved metabolism, and systemic regularity leading to an overall feeling of wellness.
- Certain alternative healing practices such as palm healing, a practice with some 3,000 years of tradition behind it in China, rely on the human body’s ability to emit far infrared radiant energy.
Far Infrared Sauna therapy can be part of an integrative approach to healing and wellbeing at LifeMatters Clinic Suffolk , our back to health programmes can also include Low Level LED Light Therapy , Nutrition and Clinical Hypnotherapy.